|
let's keep track of time
Thursday, July 29, 2010, 21:18
What's the point of telling me this now?$BlogItemTitle$> Daddy somehow stumbled upon the question about the number of Victorian friends I have over in London (and also the incoming batch). Brother jokingly mentioned that the cohort of Rafflesians will be enough to sqaush/crush us. I agreed. There really is a lot of people from R and pretty little from V. So I did a breakdown for Daddy - the not-so ambitious ones/contented ones will stay in Singapore, the ones who didn't too well but not too bad either will go to Aussie, the ones who didn't do well would go SIM. And the ambitious minority who are fortunate enough, would hit for the UK, US market. So my Dad, in his usual disapproving tone, said, 'If I knew that this, I would have insisted you went to RJ for PAE.' And went on sighing over the fact that my social circle of friends in London had no one from V. Right. What's the point. I'm here at where I wanted to be. I wanted to study overseas and I have been for the last one year despite not-so-pleasant grades and experience. What's the use of re-emphasising your disappointment in my decision. I'll never get past this my entire life. This decision I made was never approved of. And even though today, where I am, an undergraduate in a prestigious law school in England, will never make it up for the fact that I chose to spend two years of my life in a school never approved of by my family. Why. Labels: thoughts C. |